Skip to main content

My Little One is Growing...



I suddenly felt jealous.

Yes, when her little hand slowly slipped off mine and she held the teacher's hand who was going to take her interaction session for school admission. The teacher took her towards the classroom. She seemed undaunted. Since morning I was thinking that my niece will get little scared seeing new faces at new school and was worried whether she will speak up or not. But at this moment, I was just envious.

Couple of minutes back, she was asking me to tie her shoe laces. I now see her removing her shoes by herself before entering the classroom. I was witnessing something I was not prepared of.

My fingers were crossed beneath my cellphone, all the while she was inside the classroom. I was trying to peep inside and figure out what was going on. I saw her sitting comfortably on a little chair talking to the teacher, picking activity blocks from different corners of the room, trying to fix some puzzles given to her, count some pencils and smile. She was enjoying this process - her first interaction session for school admission. And I with her mother was standing outside as if she is writing her board exams.

She comes out of the room and the teachers tells - your kid is really good, happy and active. We knew all of this, but then I realised what our parents used to feel when our neighbours, teachers or relatives appreciated us. The feeling of pride took over the jealousy.

I looked at her and said- "you did really well". It didn't affect her much. She asked me back - "what did I do?" I didn't have an answer for her; she didn't wait for one either and ran towards the bakery.

Most precious moment for me was when the Principal shook hands with her and said - "Congratulations! Welcome to our School" and she confidently smiled and said "Thank you!".

Was that for real? I was thinking in my head. Not her selection...hehe... but the way my little one was carrying herself. I don't know how to carry myself till now.

It was a moment of truth for me that my little one is growing.

Kashwi, when you grow up as a beautiful girl, I hope you find little time to read this space to know how much proud you made us feel on this day.

I love you.

Noopur :)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

कीरत, भुआ और खिड़की

सोफे से अचानक उतरकर, उसने अपनी कोमल उंगलियों से मेरा हाथ थामा और ले चला मुझे खिड़की के सामने रखी बेंच की ओर।अब समय हो चला था हमारा खिड़की की सलाखों के बाहर बसी दुनिया की सैर करने का। थोड़ी खुद की कोशिश और थोड़ी मेरी मदद से, कीरत बेंच पर चढ़ने का काम पूरा कर चुका था। उसके चेहरे की खुशी देखते हीबनती है। हाँलाकि यह हमारा लगभग रोज़ का नियम है, परंतु कीरत का उत्साह हर दिन मानो बढ़ता ही जाता है। उसकी चंचल ऑंखें सबसे पहले खोजती हैं, आकाश में उड़ते पंछियों को... अगर पंछियों का झुंड दिख जाए, तो आकाश में पंछी उड़तेहैं और घर की बेंच पर कीरत चहकता है। इस बीच अगर उसे सड़क पर चलते कुत्ते दिख जाऐं, तो भरसक कोशिश करेगा उन्हें अपने पास बुलाने की। तालियाँ बजाकर अपना उत्साह ज़ाहिर करेगा। उस नन्हें मन की ख़ासियत यह है कि उसे सड़क से गुज़रती साइकिल भी उतनी ही पसंद है, जितनी एक कार।वो सभी को 'बाय' कहता है...उम्मीद में की उसे जवाब मिलेगा। कभी-कभी जब उसे जवाब नहीं मिलता, तब मेरी ओर देखकर अपनी निराशा व्यक्तकरता है। पर ये निराशा बस पल भर की ह

Singlehood makes me Stronger!

Hi, I am Noopur, 29, Single. Not alone. Well, with no offence to all the married people, singlehood sometimes feels like a blessing in disguise to me. I am sure you guys lead a very wonderful, happy & complete life, and I wish you much more happiness in life; but mine is also no less than a beautiful story. Somebody loving you must be a great feeling. A lot of times I have been asked - 'Are you single?' with so much pity. Let me tell you people, I am SINGLE - Not ALONE.  I am blessed with a loving family, doting parents, encouraging friends and a fulfilling job. Yes! The quote that best describes me is; 'I am perfect in my imperfections, happy in my pains, strong in my weaknesses and beautiful in my own ways. I am who I meant to be. I am my past, my present and who I want to be. I am not anyone, I am all three. I am work in progress, a destiny. I am who I choose to be.' I have my times of feeling bored, low, unwanted and not v

Hey, Dusht Raavan! Seetaji ko Sorry bolo

Bad days happen to best of us.  One day it happened to me and I was thinking about the goodness of carefree days of my childhood while going back to home from work. I was tired. I didn't want to talk to anyone.  'Knock Knock' I banged the door.  As soon as the door opened, I heared a cute voice calling me 'Hey, Dusht Raavan! Aaj aap jaldi kyun nahi aye?' That's my niece. Kashwi. I call her Kashu.  Listening to her, I got into my role and informed her "Ramji, office me kaam tha'. 'Dusht Raavan' She tells me again as her problem was bigger than mine. Why didn't I come home on time when she had to go for swimming classes?  For about an hour or so, she showed how upset she was with me with all her actions like 'I want to play with dadi', Mumma hi khana khilayegi', 'You go back to Bhopal', 'Papa is my favourite'. I don't know if anyone would it believe or not, but I was jea