Skip to main content

Me and Mr. Donald Reinertsen





I will be showing you the time cards for how much time is left to speak from the back of conference hall, is that ok? - I asked consciously. 

"Noopur, I am the first one to speak today. I have equal responsibility to keep the schedule as per the plan, like you as an organiser. It is my responsibility too. You please do your job of showing time cards without worries. I will keep a check on time" He replied smilingly.

This is Mr Donald Reinertsen. Lovingly we call him, Don.

My interaction with him had been a learning experience. I found him extremely humble; a person who doesn't boast about himself; whose ideas speaks for him.

Mr Donald Reinertsen is;

1. Situationally Aware : A day before to the conference, we learned that it is Bandh in Bangalore. We were worried for a lot of stuffs, from operations to execution of the event. Amidst all this, Don has understood the situation, woke up early and reached the venue early in the morning to avoid any hassles and to boost our confidence. Being the Keynote of the event, he had been situationally aware and used his emotional intelligence at that time.

He began his speech with, "Namastey, Kaise hain aap?' which is so rare to hear even from the Indian speakers nowadays.


2. Don Puts Others First : He was going to speak at first on Day 2 of the event. Being the host, I usually ask speakers to reach 10 minutes before their session to be ready. To my shock, Don had reached half an hour early to me and had given me enough time to set up his session. I was in complete awe with this gentleman.

The 2-3 days interaction with Don has left me with a lot of things to carry in my life.

There is a long list of how he affected me - coming soon!

Keep reading this space.

Noopur :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

कीरत, भुआ और खिड़की

सोफे से अचानक उतरकर, उसने अपनी कोमल उंगलियों से मेरा हाथ थामा और ले चला मुझे खिड़की के सामने रखी बेंच की ओर।अब समय हो चला था हमारा खिड़की की सलाखों के बाहर बसी दुनिया की सैर करने का। थोड़ी खुद की कोशिश और थोड़ी मेरी मदद से, कीरत बेंच पर चढ़ने का काम पूरा कर चुका था। उसके चेहरे की खुशी देखते हीबनती है। हाँलाकि यह हमारा लगभग रोज़ का नियम है, परंतु कीरत का उत्साह हर दिन मानो बढ़ता ही जाता है। उसकी चंचल ऑंखें सबसे पहले खोजती हैं, आकाश में उड़ते पंछियों को... अगर पंछियों का झुंड दिख जाए, तो आकाश में पंछी उड़तेहैं और घर की बेंच पर कीरत चहकता है। इस बीच अगर उसे सड़क पर चलते कुत्ते दिख जाऐं, तो भरसक कोशिश करेगा उन्हें अपने पास बुलाने की। तालियाँ बजाकर अपना उत्साह ज़ाहिर करेगा। उस नन्हें मन की ख़ासियत यह है कि उसे सड़क से गुज़रती साइकिल भी उतनी ही पसंद है, जितनी एक कार।वो सभी को 'बाय' कहता है...उम्मीद में की उसे जवाब मिलेगा। कभी-कभी जब उसे जवाब नहीं मिलता, तब मेरी ओर देखकर अपनी निराशा व्यक्तकरता है। पर ये निराशा बस पल भर की ह

Singlehood makes me Stronger!

Hi, I am Noopur, 29, Single. Not alone. Well, with no offence to all the married people, singlehood sometimes feels like a blessing in disguise to me. I am sure you guys lead a very wonderful, happy & complete life, and I wish you much more happiness in life; but mine is also no less than a beautiful story. Somebody loving you must be a great feeling. A lot of times I have been asked - 'Are you single?' with so much pity. Let me tell you people, I am SINGLE - Not ALONE.  I am blessed with a loving family, doting parents, encouraging friends and a fulfilling job. Yes! The quote that best describes me is; 'I am perfect in my imperfections, happy in my pains, strong in my weaknesses and beautiful in my own ways. I am who I meant to be. I am my past, my present and who I want to be. I am not anyone, I am all three. I am work in progress, a destiny. I am who I choose to be.' I have my times of feeling bored, low, unwanted and not v

Hey, Dusht Raavan! Seetaji ko Sorry bolo

Bad days happen to best of us.  One day it happened to me and I was thinking about the goodness of carefree days of my childhood while going back to home from work. I was tired. I didn't want to talk to anyone.  'Knock Knock' I banged the door.  As soon as the door opened, I heared a cute voice calling me 'Hey, Dusht Raavan! Aaj aap jaldi kyun nahi aye?' That's my niece. Kashwi. I call her Kashu.  Listening to her, I got into my role and informed her "Ramji, office me kaam tha'. 'Dusht Raavan' She tells me again as her problem was bigger than mine. Why didn't I come home on time when she had to go for swimming classes?  For about an hour or so, she showed how upset she was with me with all her actions like 'I want to play with dadi', Mumma hi khana khilayegi', 'You go back to Bhopal', 'Papa is my favourite'. I don't know if anyone would it believe or not, but I was jea